Reverend Jenny's Lists of 10 for 2018
If you would like to look back at some of past years "10's" click here
After reading ‘Ten’ by John Pritchard
Rev. Jenny was prompted to make her own lists of ‘Ten’.
What would be on your list?....
Valentine’s Day, 14th February, celebrates love. It’s a popular day for proposals and weddings. Marriage in Church is both a legal and religious ceremony. You can find out more on our church websites. Contact our wedding administrator Denise Hodgson if you are planning a service. Marriage in church is:
1. Intended to be life-giving – to affirm and bring out the best in each another
2. Intended to be life -long – ‘til death do us part’
3. Intended to give security to bring up children
4. Intended to bless the whole family - to give hospitality to others
5. Promises mutual support - ‘for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health’
6. Promises faithfulness - ‘forsaking all others’
7. Promises honesty/openness - ‘all that I am I give... all that I have I share with you’
8. Promises ‘to love and to cherish’ - to be unselfish and put the loved one first
9. Unites 2 individuals with freedom to be themselves
10. Independent research shows couples live longer and are healthier than people on their own
‘God is love and those who live in love live in God and God lives in them.’ 1 John 4:16
‘Love is patient; love is kind, love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.’
I Corinthians 13:4-7